oprah's favorite show is coming up soon and it inspired me to share with my small group of readers a few of my favorite things at the moment.
1. www.TuckerMax.com
I barely got introduced to this website this week, but already I am completely addicted! Tucker Max is a Duke Law graduate who instead of becoming a lawyer decided to create a website all about himself. Basically, Tucker shares stories about his life. I must warn you that while extremely funny and amusing, the stories can at times be extremely vulgar. But give it a chance.
2. www.goop.com
Goop.com is the brainchild of Gwyneth Paltrow. It started out as weekly newsletter, but I believe they know have archives on the actual site. The categories and topics of the newsletter range from things to do in different cities, things to make in the kitchen, and what to wear. Really cool stuff. I plan on implementing some of the Thanksgiving recipes this year.
3. Midlake
Midlake is a band from the small, shitkicker wearing town of Denton, Texas. I haven't quite figured out who to compare them to, which is one of the reasons I like them so much. They have a cool ep on itunes that is only 2 bucks and well worth it.
4. Starlite Mule
The starlite mule is a delicious drink at one of my favorite restaurants, Starlite. The drink is actually called a Moscow Mule. I have yet to make these at home because I want to buy copper mugs so I can drink it properly, but the recipe looks easy enough. The ingredients needed are: 1 1/2 ounces vodka, wedge of lime, and cold ginger beer. Directions are: Pour the vodka into a copper mug or an iced glass. Squeeze the lime over the vodka, and drop the wedge into the mug. Fill the glass with the ginger beer.
5. Sunflower Seeds
Maybe its because they remind me of simpler times when I would be a the sports plex watching my brother's baseball team, but whatever the case, they are damn good!
6. True Blood
One of the best shows on tv right now. Vampires, seduction, shape shifters, and Louisiana. If you don't have HBO, get it.
7. And the Hippos Boiled in Their Tanks
This is a book written by both Jack Kerouac and William S. Burroughs. Even without the note at the beginning telling you which author wrote which parts, you are able to tell. This book is so good that some nights I lay in bed reading instead of working on my International Trade in Developing Countries article.
I wanted to make this a top ten list, but I really can't think of anything else that is a favorite right now and I don't just want to put things up here for the sake of meeting a quota. . . So enjoy these simple pleasures of mine.
No comments:
Post a Comment