Monday, March 21, 2011

Greek Burgers & a Cocktail!!!

I really cannot get over the beautiful weather that El Paso has been having lately. I absolutely love it. This type of weather screams fun in the sun and to me there is no better way to have fun in the sun than having a cocktail in your hand while grilling delicious food for friends and family. But sometimes grilling can get a little mundane when you cook the same few things over and over.

I think everyone can agree that burgers are one of the easiest and most common meals to grill. Think about it, how many times have you gone to a barbeque and that has been on the menu? Lots, right?! And don’t you feel like you could cook burgers in your sleep because I know I sure feel that way!

Your standard burger can get a bit tired, so here is a delicious recipe that will mix up your repertoire! And I promise that it just as easy to make as a “regular” burger and 100 times tastier!!!

I have also included a recipe for a refreshing cocktail that my friend Adrienne shared with me that will ensure everyone drinking it is having fun in the sun!

Enjoy!

Greek Turkey & Lamb Burgers with Special Sauce
(Serves 4)

Ingredients for Sauce:
1/4 cup mayo
2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
1/4 ground cumin
1/8 ground red pepper

Directions for Special Sauce:
Combine all ingredients in a small bowl, mix, and then put in the fridge to chill until burgers are done.

The sauce should look something like this!



Ingredients for Burger:
1/4 cup diced onion
1 tablespoon tomato paste
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/8 teaspoon ground ginger
8 ounces ground turkey
8 ounces ground lamb



Directions for Burger:
Combine all the ingredients into a large bowl, mix well with your hands, and then form 4-6 patties (depending on how big you want them).



Now spray the grill with cooking spray so that the meat doesn’t stick. Next, fire up the grill- getting the temp to about medium- then throw the patties on there. Cooking for about 4-5 minutes on each side.



Once the burgers are done, place them on a bun, a pita, or big piece of lettuce how I did, add a dollop of the sauce, and enjoy the deliciousness!!



Recipe courtesy of Cooking Light

Caipirinha Cocktail
(Serves 1)

Ingredients:
1/2 lime, quartered
1 teaspoon white sugar
2 ½ ounces of cachaca
ice cubes

Directions for Caipirinha:
In a large rocks glass, squeeze and drop in limes. Add sugar- crush and mix well with a spoon. Pour in the cachaca and plenty of ice. Stir well and drink that sucker up!




Recipe courtesy of I Want That

No comments: