
Its not very often that when doing homework I read about something that interests me. It is less often that I read about something and then want to talk about it later. AND even less often than that that I read something that makes me laugh. . . that all changed tonight when reading PR (that is Professional Responsibility for you lay persons out there):
"Depression is not the only emotional impairment that seems to be more prevalent among lawyers than among the general population. A 1996 Washington study found indicia of anxiety, social alienation and isolation, obsessive-compulsiveness, paranoid ideation, interpersonal sensitivity, phobic anxiety, and hostility in 'alarming' rates among lawyers - I would argue this applies to law students as well ;-) - rates many times the national norms." I wonder though about all the paranoid, anxious, control freak, crazy people that I know that are not in law school; maybe they missed their true calling?
"Lawyers - again I would argue law students as well - appear to be prodigious drinkers. . . The study of Washington lawyers found that 18% were 'problem drinkers." Now this might help explain why nearly every single picture I have from the last year and half was taken either a) at a bar, b) with a drink in hand, or c) in a pool of vomit. . . just kidding about c!
"The extremely limited information that is available indicates that the physical health of lawyers may not be much better than their emotional health. . ." - Now this i LOVE!!!!- --> "In sum, attorneys seem to be an unhealthy lot!!" <--- that had me rolling on the floor laughing my ass off. . . no really it did, i cant find it!!!!!!
This my friends is what I, and my fellow law students, have to look forward to- if these symptoms have not yet hit us. So for all of you not in law school, consider yourself lucky that you will never become part of "an unhealthy lot."
No comments:
Post a Comment