Tonight I made Cornmeal Crusted Catfish w/couscous and a salad!
To start out, you dredge the Cat in yellow cornmeal that has been mixed with creole seasoning. I didn't use measurements this time as I have made this dish so often that I no longer need any. However, I will say that you just need enough cornmeal to cover the Cat- nothing too extravagant. And as far as the creole seasoning goes, WATCH OUT, a little goes a long way! If you end up putting too little, don't worry because you can always sprinkle some on the fish after it is cooked and you have tasted it!

After dredging, the next step is to heat up and pan that has either been oiled or sprayed with pam. I start out on high to warm it up, but when I place the fish on the pan I move it down to medium high/medium. You cook the Cat for roughly 5 minutes on each side.
While the Cat was cooking, I started on this great 5 minute couscous that I bought @ Whole Paycheck.

It ended up looking like this:

I also made a salad! I used a spring mix and added cherry tomatoes, sliced mushrooms, red onions, an artichoke heart, freshly ground pepper, parmesan, and an olive oil dressing.

Seriously, this is a really easy and fast meal! You can literally make it in under 10 minutes!!! That deserves an A+ in my book!!! :-)
1 comment:
I want that.
Post a Comment