
The past couple of years my mom has gotten in FANTASTIC shape! She eats so healthy it is insane and exercises pretty much everyday; if I had that type of discipline, I would rule the world... really! Seeing how great she feels and not to mention looks now (even though in my eyes my mom has always been the most beautiful person on the planet!), I decided that it was time I did the same. What I like about what my mom has done is that she does not limit what she can eat in ANY way. She is just really smart and logical about what she puts into her mouth. I want to be logical when it comes to my body, just like her.
My mom helped me drive to Austin. We had a lot of fun on the ride here and the 2 days she was in town. One of the fun things we did was go to whole foods. I wanted my mom to help me pick out healthy stuff, NOTHING bad. I am usually a pretty good eater, but I have been known to buy "bad" stuff and over-indulge! Boy did she help! We did not buy one bad thing!! We got lots of organic veggies and fruits; fresh fish and chicken. I got nothing pre-made so that I would be forced to cook and eat healthy lol. And I have!!! Now, after that long story, I will share a recipe with you :-)
Chicken and Veggie Stir Fry
I marinated boneless skinless chicken tenders overnight with a ginger teriyaki sauce (that only has 20 calories per tbsp) i got from whole foods.
Then i cooked it in a pan on the stove. I started on high and then moved to medium/low.

Then i cut up a ton of veggies: zucchini, red bell pepper, mushrooms, and broccoli and stirfried them on the stove with a little olive oil! I did that for about 5 minutes which I think was too long because the veggies were not crisp like I wanted! So next time, I will probably only do for about 3 minutes!
.jpg)
After the veggies were done, I threw them in a bowl with the chicken and mixed them around!
I totally spaced out on taking a picture of the finished product, but I assure you that it looked as great as it tasted!!!
Enjoy!!
1 comment:
You did eat really healthy. I really admired that because during a time like studying for the bar (or any time really) it's so easy and comforting to turn to junk!
Post a Comment