Here is what you need and what you will do:
A few portobello mushrooms. You can use big caps like these or pre-sliced ones. Be sure to take the stem off and brush them off with a wet towel; though not too hard or you will tear the skin off

Then cut the shrooms. First in half then across. You can do them however big or small you want.
Next heat up a large pan with 1TBSP of butter and olive oil. Once that is melted, throw in your sliced shrooms and let cook for about 8 minutes

You know they are done when they looks like this.

While your shrooms are cooking, cut up some asparagus (remember to cut off the hard ends!) using however much you like. I used about 3/4 of a bunch.
Next start to boil some water. While that is getting started go ahead and turn the heat on the shrooms down.
And throw in some chicken broth
As well as 5 ounces of Boursin cheese. If you can't find that, just ask anyone at the supermarket what cheese they suggest to substitute with or you can be super crafty and make your own. Paula Deen has a good recipe. Just google it!

And just let the suckers simmer; stirring occasionally of course.
Once the water is to a boil throw in medium sized pasta shells and let boil for about 6 minutes. After that, throw the asparagus into the boiling water with the pasta and cook for another 4 minutes.
Once the pasta/asparagus is done, drain it and mix in a large bowl with the sauce!! You can also add in a protein if you like. I didn't eat any today so I quick thawed some cooked shrimp, cut them up and threw them in the bowl.
Voila!!!

Buon Appetito!!
BTW, this recipe is relatively fast to make!
4 comments:
I think I'll make this sans the mushrooms...I love asparagus and I hardly ever put it in pasta. Good idea!
How much chicken broth do you put in & do you put the cheese and broth into the mushroom pan to melt?
Michelle- you put in 1 and 1/4 cup. I used low fat and you can probably use low sodium if you can find it @ the store. And yeah you add the broth first then add the cheese. When you stir it, it will melt. Mine was kinda soupy but I think it was because the heat was too high. You want it to simmer. Also, if you cant find the boursin cheese, I can take a pic of the one I bought at albertsons and send it to you. lemme know!
Thanks! Our HEB has Boursin and I love it. I am going to try this next week. Sounds YUM
Post a Comment