Thursday, August 27, 2009

Quick Meal: Fish

Tuesdays and Thursdays are extremely busy for me. I am in class literally all day and by the time I come home for both lunch and dinner I am usually too tired to make anything because I "think" it will take too long. In reality it is just an excuse to eat like sh*t and pick up some fast food. Thank God for Quick Meals that are healthy AND delish!!



My sister T introduced me to this fish recipe: Baked Lemon Cod. It is extremely easy to make and really yummy! If you don't like cod, you could substitute it for any white fish such as tilapia or sole.



2 pieces of Cod

2 tablespoons butter

1/8 cup of flour

2 tablespoons of lemon

salt

pepper

paprika




  1. Preheat oven to 350

  2. Toss the butter into the mikee (microwave) for about 40-45 seconds (until melted)


  3. Add the juice of one whole lemon (usually one half of a lemon is a tblsp)
  4. Mix these two in a bowl and set aside.
  5. Add the flour, salt, and pepper into a bowl. I like to use a fork to mix the ingredients around. And use as much or as little S&P as you like.
  6. Now take the Cod and place into the Lemon and Butter bowl.

  7. Then place the cod in the Flour mixture. I like to tap the fish up and down because the last time I made this I rolled it around in the flour and it got clumpy and gross.
  8. Next, place the cod in an ungreased baking pan. Add the remainder of the Butter and Lemon mixture and top it off with as much or little Paprika as you like!


  9. Throw the tray into the oven and bake for 27 minutes!




I like to get some carbs and veggies in with every meal, but because I am on the go I need something fast; so no grilling summer veggies here!!!!



For my veggie on a quick day, I like green beans from a can. If you don't want extra sodium, they sell it "salt free". If you have a few extra minutes to spare, you can cut up some yellow onions and tomatoes, saute them in the pan, then dump the green beans in. It gives it a good flavor that isn't so mundane.



For carbs, I like Uncle Ben's Whole Grain Brown Rice. I never thought I would like brown rice, but seriously, it tastes better than white rice! This isn't really a recipe because you just follow the directions box if you are making instant rice how I am. To put it simply: Just take a package out, toss into a medium sized pan, and fill it up with water until about 1-2 inches from the top of the pan. (If you want to give the brown rice some flavor, u can always throw in 2 garlic cloves!) Bring it to a boil and then cook it for 10-12 minutes. When done, rinse off and cut open the package.



Enjoy!







No comments: