Monday, August 31, 2009

Reservations, PLEASE!!!



I don't watch cooking shows. For some reason I just cannot get into them. Either the host annoys me with their shrill voice or their food looks pretty gnarly. But I am obsessed with the man to your left and his show
"No Reservations."

If you have not seen this show which airs on Monday night on the Travel Channel then you should really make a point to one of these days. If you have seen the show then you probably know why I like it so much- food, travel, culture. These are 3 of my favorite things and these 3 things are what "No Reservations" focuses on... It also doesn't hurt that it is hosted by a handsome middle aged man that looks like he can teach you a few things. ;-)

But really, I think the reason I am so obsessed with the show is because it inspires me. I know, I know, on its face that sounds cheesey, but please let me explain. You have someone who each week goes to a different location in the world and immerses himself in the culture, the food, the people, and the sights. That is so fearless! (Even if he does have a crew there with him to help out). Most people I know, including myself (at this point in time), would never have the balls to do that. But this show makes me want
to do that. It makes me want to push myself. Crazy that a show has the possibility to change my life? Perhaps, but I like it!

No comments: