Saturday, September 18, 2010

The Assignment

So my cousin Jess, who isn't really my cousin but rather is married to my cousin but i consider her my cousin, (Phew that was a longgggggg explanation lol) has an amazing blog Straight Talk Jess. A few days ago she was assigned some "homework" from a fellow blogger to answer some questions. Always one to invite other people to do something fun and interesting, Jess assigned me and a few others to answer some questions. So here it goes peeps! P.S. expect HW at the end!


1. What is your favorite/worst/most embarrassing (take your pick) memory from high school?
Ok this one is kinda hard because I honestly do not get embarrassed that easily. I can count the number of times I have been truly embarrassed on one hand. IDK if it is because I have no shame, because I just don't care, or because I take everything in stride- though my money would probably be on the first two :-)

I also don't really have any terrible memories from high school. High school was really fun for me. I had a great group of friends and was just so carefree and easy going back then. So, I guess I am going to alter this question and go with the funniest memory from high school.

My funniest memory was when I was taking Geometry 2 in summer school. I was taking it to get ahead in my studies, not because I am a ruh-tard. Anyways, the class was really small like maybe ten kids and we all were either already close or became close by the end of the session- mostly due to practical jokes we would play on each other during our breaks. One day me, W, and M went to the 7 11 to get a slurpee. This girl T, who was going to stay at school during the break, asked us to get her one. I am not sure why but for some reason why in the store one of us thought it would be a great funny idea to buy a box of lubricated condoms and put them in her slurpee. I swear we fit about three condoms in there and hid them the best we could. When we got back to school, we handed her the slurpee and watched with eyes as big as saucers as she took her first sip. She didn't notice anything. It took everything in us to not bust out laughing. T did not notice anything was wrong with the slurpee until she was nearly done with it. During the middle of our teacher's lesson, she started screaming that there were condoms in her slurpee. Thankfully she took it like a champ and wasn't too terribly mad at us. IDK, maybe you had to be there to think it was funny. lol

2. What is your favorite thing to do when you have "me time?"
When I have "Me" time I really like to just relax. Relax for me varies depending on the type of day I have had. Sometimes it entails catching up with a friend via phone or email. Or just laying in bed or curling up on the couch with a really good book . Other days it can be something as simple as going to Starbucks and grabbing a ice soy chai latte. At this point in my life, I really don't have that many responsibilities or commitments so I like to think that every day is "me" time. :-) And yes, I am enjoying it while it lasts because I know that my days of having no real responsibilities or pressures are numbered!

3. What gets you through a crazy, stressful time/day?
Hmmm. Besides prescription drugs ;-P ?!?! haha. There a few things that help me through a crazy and stressful time. First, would probably be anything that makes me laugh. This could be anything from watching a comedy such as Freeway, talking to a friend who makes me laugh, or listening to a comedian . I find that laughter really is the best medicine. It can turn a frown upside down or a scowl into a smile. Second would probably be just hanging out in my room listening to some of my favorite tunes or taking a relaxing bubble bath. Talking to my nieces or looking at pictures of my new nephew also help me out a lot.


4. What's your favorite indulgence?
Ok so many little things make me happy and put a smile on my face. During the fall/winter my favorite indulgence is a hot soy chai latte w/no water. It is absolutely delish and is just so rich and smooth. I love it so much! Unfortunately, it is not yet cold enough to get a hot one, but I really do look forward to when it is!

I also really like to splurge on make up, specifically lipsticks or lip glosses. My most recent make up splurge was a Tom Ford lipstick. I am not going to lie, it is a bit pricey and I didn't know whether it was foolish to buy it or not, but I just had to. And boy am I glad I did. I have never used a more amazing lipstick (yes, i did just call lipstick amazing) in my life! The color is beautiful and like the aforementioned soy chai latte it is also so rich
and smooth. The color stays on forever as well!

I also love to splurge on perfumes. My favorite maker of perfumes is Bond no. 9 New York. Earlier this year I bought High Line. It smells amazing! What I love about the Bond perfumes is that they stay on you all day with just one or two sprays in the morning; so while it is expensive compared to most perfumes, it is worth it and will last you a LONG time.

4 comments:

Michelle said...

How about the time we were in summer school & Willie let you drive his standard truck and you jerked us to the store the whole way there....AND I swear you burned his clutch hehehehehehheehheeh

Michelle said...

I'll do my HW tomorrow :)

EscobaRachel said...

haha i was going to put that time down as funniest time in high school too! he was horrible at teaching me to drive stick and i was a horrible student!!! what a dork!

Michelle said...

It still makes me laugh just thinking about it haha