Freedom: A Novel by Jonathan Franzen. As many of you have probably heard, this is in fact Oprah's latest book club selection. I have read Franzen's book The Corrections and if I am going to be honest was NOT a fan; thus, I was a bit hesitant when Oprah announced his latest book as her selection. However, after reading a few pages I was hooked! Franzen has a real knack for describing people in ways that we only wish we could. Anyways, here is how the book club (which by the way we need a name for!) schedule is going to go:
October 1: 1- 118
October 8: 119- 187
October 15: 188-289
October 22: 290-381
October 29: 382-442
November 5: 443- END!
In case you noticed, we are 1 week behind Ms. Oprah. Obviously, you do not have to abide by the schedule and can go at your own pace, but BEWARE, when discussing the readings you might get spoilers! I think how this is going to work is that both me and Jess are going to blog on each date about the reading and post some questions. Most will likely be from Oprah's questions , but I am sure along the way we will all come up with our own questions, thoughts, etc.
Anyways, I hope you guys join in because I have always wanted to be part of a book club! :-)
Enjoy and see ya October 1!
2 comments:
But...when do we get to the "drinking-of-the-wine-and-eating-of-the-cheese" part of book club?
i know right?!?! maybe we can do a chat room or something!
Post a Comment