I read two quotes today that I really enjoyed and wanted to share.
"Don't take anything personally. Nothing other people do is because of you. It is because of themselves." -Don Miguel Ruiz
I really like this one by Ruiz because I couldn't agree more. On more than one occasion, I have found myself telling people something similar when things happens to them that they cannot understand or comprehend.
"Suffering is not holding you. You are holding suffering. When you become good at the art of letting suffering go, then you'll come to realize how unnecessary it was for you to drag those burdens around with you. You'll see that no one else other than you was responsible. The truth is that existence wants your life to become a festival." - Osho
And I love this one by Osho because it relates to my post Forgive? SAY WHAT?!?! There are so many people in life, some I know personally and some I just watch from afar and will probably never meet that carry onto grudges, regrets, the past, hurt, etc., and I just wish I could give them the moment of clarity that I had when I wrote that blog because it truly does make life easier when you finally understand that your enjoyment (or lack thereof) of life is all about how you CHOOSE to react to it. We are in control; we have the power.
Enjoy your day! :-)
No comments:
Post a Comment